Nazi bunker, Bangsbo Fort, Frederikshavn, North Denmark, Denmark, Europe





The Bunker Museum is found in part of a range of defences set up by the Germans during the Second World War to defend the port of Frederikshavn, which was of vital strategic importance to guarantee their supplies of raw materials from Norway. The museum shows the conditions that the German soldiers stationed in the bunker would have lived in and seeks to educate on the history of the local area’s military significance during the War. The museum has a shop and picnic area. Bangsbo Fort is located in the south of Frederikshavn. The fort is located 82 meters above sea level, where there is a splendid view over Frederikshavn and Kattegat. In clear weather you can see both Skagen and Læsø. The fort consists of a fortification built by the German occupiers during the second World and developed by the Danish Navy during the Cold War. The fort is thus used in two historical periods, which separates the fort from other paved areas in Denmark. The fort consists of 80 concrete plants, of which 70 were built during the second World War. The last 10 bunkers were built in 1950 by the Navy, which still owns and uses a small part of the fort. Bunker Museum conveys the part of the fort, which the Navy does not use and has so far taken about. 20 bunkers in use. Of these, at least half open at the museum’s opening days. Something that is also unique is that more guns still stands in its original bunkers. The three largest is 15 cm guns from the Danish artillery ship Niels Juel that was sunk in 1943. Bunker Museum is part of the North Jutland Coastal Museum which continuously expands services in the fort. When the museum works with both traditional and innovative forms of communication, combined with the unparalleled views and scenery of the place is worth a visit for the vast majority. Bangsbo Fort is a partially open military area, which in recent years is about to undergo major changes. The fort is situated on a hill plateau in the southern outskirts of Frederikshavn. In details on Pikkerbakken which is one of the many hills that were formed when the sea floor was pushed up by the end of the last ice age. The tray consists mainly of clay and stone. Tray height is up to 84 meters. The steep slopes facing the sea and the unique nature makes the place unique. Bakken’s strategic importance as a place of observation goes back several hundred years. The occupation of Denmark 9 April 1940 withdrew the German war marine area immediately to a coastal battery and an anti-aircraft battery. Both batteries with the task of protecting the port of Frederikshavn against enemy attack. The port was important for the Germans in the transports to and from Norway as well as a base for military smari’s activities in the Kattegat and Skagerrak. During the occupation increased the Kriegsmarine several times its installations on site. A massive expansion of the area came in late 1942 when construction of the Germans’ Atlantic took off. Atlantic was a chain of fortifications, which went along the west coast of Europe from North Cape in the north to the French-Spanish border in the south. Wall task was to prevent the Allies from doing landing on this coast. In Denmark started Atlantic precisely Pikkerbakken and then went to Skagen to the Danish-German border. Among other things, as part of the German invasion defense Jylland was divided into two areas. Respectively, South and North Jutland with a commandant in each area. In North Jutland had the commandant’s headquarters in Frederikshavn. In 1943 he got his own command bunker on Pikkerbakken, putting in the event of an Allied invasion in northern Jutland to steer the German coastal defenses. In 1944 the Germans also have a radar station in use in the field. The German capitulation in May 1945 Stützpunktgruppe Frederikshavn Süd – which was the German name for the area – a heavily fortified stronghold. A stronghold with 34 heavy and 17 light concrete bunkers and 30 other different concrete plant. The whole area was closed with a triple barbed wire and minefields. The main armament of the two batteries were respectively 15 cm guns on the coastal battery and 10.5 cm guns on anti-aircraft battery. In September 1945 the Navy took over the area – more accurate Kystdefensionen – later changed to Kystbefæstningen. In the beginning were used mainly the bereaved German installations. In addition, the area was expanded with a fleet radio station as well as a coastal radar station. After an expansion and modernization was the fort in 1952 put into operation under the new name Bangsbo Fort. Now as a Cold War fort. From the large investments on the ground in the early 1950s was the fort, however short-lived. Already in 1962 it was dismantled as a result of a great defense. At the same time, however, Naval Base Frederikshavn use. Back in the area remained naval station and coastal radar station and Kattegat Marine District. www.bangsbo.com



Fuente – Source

Nazi bunker, Bangsbo Fort, Frederikshavn, North Denmark, Denmark, Europe

EN.- Urban exploration is usually about exploring areas away from urban centers, industrial zones, or abandoned areas. But also for ancient ruins and areas impossible to access, everything depends on each explorer.

ES.- La exploración urbana normalmente se trata de la exploración de zonas alejadas de los núcleos urbanos, zonas industriales, o abandonadas. Pero también por ruinas antiguas y zonas imposibles de acceder, todo depende de cada explorador.

Urbexvideos.eu es la exploración urbana llevada a tu pantalla ! Disfruta de todos los videos de Urbex que existen en una misma página web y todo categorizado por zonas !

Saludos exploradores ! 😉

Publicado en Denmark y etiquetado , , , , , , , .

Deja un comentario

Tu dirección de correo electrónico no será publicada. Los campos obligatorios están marcados con *