LUXEMBOURG: Beaufort Castle





The oldest part of the castle of Beaufort dates from the early 11th Century. It was a small square-shaped fortress on a massive rock, surrounded by a wide ditch and a second wall facing the valley.

Around the first half of the 12th Century, a flanking tower was added and the access gate was moved and enlarged.

The House of Beaufort became ruined by the Thirty Year War. Over time the old abandoned knights’ castle slowly decayed.

In 1850 the Luxembourg government declared the castle a cultural heritage.

As of 1893 Beaufort castle acquired a new look under the new owner Henri Even and his son Joseph Linckels. The new palace was restored and the sheep farm was expanded.

In 1928 Edmond Linckels cleared the rubble from the castle and the well and made the site available to the public.

Since 1981 the castle and the chateau are owned by the Luxembourg state.

September 10, 2010



Fuente – Source

LUXEMBOURG: Beaufort Castle

EN.- Urban exploration is usually about exploring areas away from urban centers, industrial zones, or abandoned areas. But also for ancient ruins and areas impossible to access, everything depends on each explorer.

ES.- La exploración urbana normalmente se trata de la exploración de zonas alejadas de los núcleos urbanos, zonas industriales, o abandonadas. Pero también por ruinas antiguas y zonas imposibles de acceder, todo depende de cada explorador.

Urbexvideos.eu es la exploración urbana llevada a tu pantalla ! Disfruta de todos los videos de Urbex que existen en una misma página web y todo categorizado por zonas !

Saludos exploradores ! 😉

Publicado en Luxembourg y etiquetado , , , , , , , .

Deja un comentario

Tu dirección de correo electrónico no será publicada. Los campos obligatorios están marcados con *